Sunday 5 February 2017

Marg Sampson George

Day 1

Marg Sampson George is amazing. We had a full on four days of stitching with this lovely, fun lady at  Cowslip Workshops and watching her in action taming the stash was so enlightening.

 

My focus fabric to choose my palette was the scrap of pretty Liberty print on the left. It had all the colours that I love and adore. The next task was to simply cut out a few shapes from the chosen palette and audition backgrounds. Decision making is not my forte and I dithered quite a bit.

 

I finally chose this beautifully soft Lecien fabric as my background and for anyone saying "pink again" let me impart a few words of wisdom from the teacher. Your colour is your colour. Make no apologies. It is a personal thing and you have to go with it. It felt like a lightbulb moment. For me pink is such an uplifting colour and is a perfect background choice for so many fabrics and I am not afraid to use it. 

 

 Sue had a special birthday and we sang happy birthday in our best voices and yes that cake was delicious.

 

Colour inspiration on the table.

 

Day one done, well not quite because 8 of us decamped to a pub to celebrate Sue's special birthday.

Happy Stitching.

Shirley.










9 comments:

  1. It all looks and sounds wonderful. What a fabulous opportunity for you all. Can't wait to see more. A little bit of guidance can boost our confidence and set us on our way. But when I get home, on my own, the doubt starts creeping in again.

    ReplyDelete
  2. One could almost get jealous ;)!!! What a lovely time you all had and it seems you were working hard and learned a lot. Can't wait to see what happened next!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love Marg for saying that... your colour is your colour!! Pretty brilliant! Use as much pink you can... 💗 can't wait to hear more about your long weekend away!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the phrase "to tame the stash". Can't wait to hear more about the class and see what you created.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You chose a beautiful color for your background and it will be YOUR quilt ! Enjoy Shriley...

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fabulous!! Wise colour-words!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yes I agree your colour is your colour ! I too love pink but nobody around me...

    ReplyDelete
  8. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete